Resources for Tenants
- COVID-19, FAQ (NYC Right to Counsel) Information on Eviction Moratorium
- To find Department of Buildings violations, Certificates of Occupancy and information about alterations to buildings, visit the DOB Building Information Search.
- To find HPD violations and the name and address of the registered managing agent for a building, search the HPD Building, Registration & Violation database.
- To find ownership, mortgage and other title documents about a building, search the Online City Register.
- Does a building receive J-51 benefits? Visit the J-51 Look Up.
- To read legal opinions of the New York City Loft Board, visit the New York Law School Library.
- Find out the official address of a corporation or LLC.
- Find the status of a DHCR proceeding.
For helpful general tenants’ rights information: